The US Contact Center Decision-Makers’ Guide (2013) from ContactBabel is the sixth edition of the largest and most comprehensive study of the American contact center industry, which directly employs over 5,500,000 people.
Having surveyed over two hundred contact centers of all sizes and business sectors, some of this year’s findings include:
- Email now accounts for one in eight contact center interactions, with an average cost of an email being 43% of that of a phone call.
- Average salaries for new agents are almost $29,000.
- Talk time has declined to 56% of an average agent’s time.
- Customer satisfaction rates, first-call resolution, and speed to answer are seen as the three most important contact center metrics.
- Web chat, workforce management, and mobile customer service applications are the most likely new solutions to be implemented within the next twelve months.